Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

The fairy tale princess that I most resemble is Sleeping Beauty. I always loved her. A beloved aunt gave me the book when my youngest sister was born. That Malificent with two horns on her head was evil beyond anything that I could imagine, and I loved the way that Princess Aurora's dress changed from pink to blue and back to pink again. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how I could make my clothes do that. I am like her because when I get bored, I fall asleep. I sleep through most faculty meetings. This is a big joke at work. It's a wonder I still have a job. It is also difficult for me to wake up in the morning. Sometimes my yard doesn't get done on time, and the grass and the bushes grow up high just like they did around Sleeping Beauty's castle, and there I am sound asleep. But is it a handsome prince that wakes me up? Of course not. It's my dog who has to go to the bathroom.

No comments: